What Color Is Your Parachute? is the world’s most popular job-hunting guide, revised and updated annually, with more than ten million copies sold.
This 2016 edition features the latest studies and perspectives on today’s job-market, including proven strategies for finding jobs even when everyone tells you there are none. Career expert Richard N. Bolles reveals surprising advice on what works—and what doesn’t—so you can focus your efforts on tactics that yield results.
This helpful manual shares proven tips for writing impressive resumes and cover letters, as well as guidance for effective networking, confident interviewing, and the best salary negotiating possible. But it goes beyond that by helping you to zero in on your ideal job—and life—with its classic Flower Exercise. Whether you’re searching for your first job, were recently laid off, or are dreaming of a career change, What Color Is Your Parachute? will guide you toward fulfilling and prosperous work.
“[One of the] Books that Shaped Work in America. How could I not put this on the list? . . . In print since 1970 and revised every year since 1975, it has not only informed and educated job seekers and job changers in the United States, but also had a global impact through publication in more than 20 languages. It’s basically the bible of career advice.”
—United States Department of Labor
Loaded with practical job-hunting advice, the author has compiled the book into the following eleven informative chapters:
- Chapter 1 - It's a Whole New World for Job Hunters
- Chapter 2 - Google is Your New Resume
- Chapter 3 - There Are Over Eight Million Vacancies Available Each Month
- Chapter 4 - Sixteen Tips About Interviewing for a Job
- Chapter 5 - The Six Secrets to Salary Negotiation
- Chapter 6 - What to Do When Your Job-Hunt Just Isn't Working
- Chapter 7 - You Need to Understand More Fully Who You Are
- Chapter 8 - You Get to Choose Where You Work
- Chapter 9 - How to Deal with Any Handicaps You Have
- Chapter 10 - The Five Ways to Choose/Change Careers
- Chapter 11 - How to Start Your Own Business